There is no expected start date for the next Citizen's Police Academy. Should another academy be planned, it will be announced on this website:
It will also be announced via various local media outlets.
The Citizen Police Academy is a 13 week course established to provide residents and employees of the Town of Bourne with a familiarality with the everyday operations of the Bourne Police Department.
Instructors are selected throughout the department and area based on their area of expertise.
Enrollees in the program are expected to make the 13 week comitment and particpate fully in class discussions and hands on demonstrations. This will allow everyone to make the best of this experience.
As part of the program, participants will be allowed the opportunity to ride along with a patrol officer for a four-hour patrol.
BPCA GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To encourage and foster an increased communication and interaction between the Bourne Police Department's officers and the citizens/employees of Bourne.
- To future enhance understanding between the Citizen's of Bourne and their police department.
- Eliminate any myths about the police role in our society.
- Develop a Citizen / Police partnership to combat crime and provide a safer community for all.
- Train citizens to become the “eyes and ears” for the Bourne Police Department.